Tuesday, August 30, 2011

08/30: Crash!!

I am not really that
good at driving.
It seems that the nicer
a vehicle is,
the faster it is that I crash it.
I have crashed snowmobiles,
4-wheelers, dirt bikes,
rolled my Blazer,
my Jimmy,
and most recently,
got in a head on collision.
I have been in a suburban
when if rolled seven times
down a hill into the ditch.
I wasn't wearing a seatbelt
at the time,
and my friend Lacie said that
when everything stopped,
and when she saw me,
I was laying perfectly poised,
with my hands at my side,
as if I had just calmly
laid myself down.
She thought I was dead.
After that accident,
she was with me when I
launched my dad's
snowmobile off the lee side
of a sink hole that kind of
surprised me.
It was 40 feet wide
and 20 feet deep.
We flew in the air for
about 15 feet
and then came crashing down
on the boulders at the bottom.
The worst accident was the
head on collision
a couple years ago.
I was going about 55-60 mph
when some guy decided to
make a left hand turn
across the highway-
across my lane of traffic.
It's something that still
causes me to lose my breath
when I drive through intersections.
It was a bad, fucked up accident.
If I hadn't been wearing a seatbelt,
or if I had been driving something
smaller than my SUV,
I would have died.
The other vehicle was a large
pick-up truck.

Now I prefer to drive shitty
used cars.
It seems like they last longer,
which I'd helping me last
longer.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment