Sunday, August 21, 2011

08/21: Dinosaurs

I had my best friend Annie spend the night
once while we were in the third grade.
It was on a Wednesday night,
not sure how we finagled that since it was a school night,
but Wednesdays were the nights that the show 'Dinosaur' came on.
My family and I used to love that show
and we would all watch it together religiously.
I excitedly told my friend that it was on
and that we should go to the living room to watch it.
She told me "I can't, my parents said it's against our religion".

I left her in the room alone
while I went to the next room
and laughed hysterically with my family
and watched 'Dinosaurs' together.

(Tangent: This just dawned on me. She was also the 'Shoppasaurs' shirt wearer. How can your parents buy you a shopping dinosaur sweatshirt and not allow you to watch a hilarious show? Fucking christians. They've always confused me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment