Saturday, August 27, 2011

08/25: Christian Slater

One of my first celebrity crushes
was Christian Slater.
I liked his supporting role in
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
when he played Robin Hood's
illegitimate brother,
then when Untamed Heart
came out,
I was hooked.
I had to see every movie.
I loved him and his
awesome hair.
He had an US Weekly
magazine 4 page article
that featured tons of pics
and personal details
about his life.
I bought two copies,
one to cut up and paste
all over my walls
and one to devour
and memorize every bit
of information that I could.
Christian Slater was a
big Star Trek nerd,
so obviously I had to
get into Star Trek too,
I mean, I HAD to be into
the interests of my
future husband.
I wrote him a 5 page fan letter
and sent it into some
fan club or something.
It had all kinds of crazy lies
in it, all attempting to sound
like someone that would be
his ideal woman
based off all the facts that
I had learned about him
from his US Weekly interview.
I can remember, as a 13 yr old,
writing that I was 28,
was a Star Trek lover,
practiced martial arts,
and had an appetite for adrenaline.
I told him I had recently
broken my leg because
I had jumped out a helicopter,
you know,
to emphasize my sense
of adventure.
I had decent handwriting for
a 13 year old,
but it was clearly the
handwriting of a 13 yr old.
Not a 28 yr old, risk-taking
bombshell babe.
I sent it in
and 6 months later I was
rewarded with an
autographed black and white
headshot of my love,
Christian Slater.
Bonus: through my typing error,
I realize his name is very close
to Christian Slayer.
Kind of awesome.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I once wrote to Sarah Michelle Gellar via All My Children. I loved her madly on there and earlier Swan's Crossing. Think I might have sent a pic of myself? Totally had lost interest in her by the time of Buffy. Pretty sure that's the only time I did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really happy you sent her a pic of yourself :) And that you watched All My Children....laaaaaame! Haha

    ReplyDelete