Saturday, August 13, 2011

08/12: Embarrassment

I was 12 or so
when I got chicken pox.
I was covered head to toe
in itchy red spots
that I couldn't keep myself
from scratching into bloody messes.

So my parents decided
to take me camping.
I wasn't feeling bed-ridden sick,
but I felt like a monster
or leper with my pox break out.
It soon circulated the
campground that there was a
little girl with chicken pox.
I actually made my only
friends due to this
because some family
approached my family
because their kids
hadn't had chicken pox yet
and they just as soon have
their kids get sick and over it
before the school year started.
So I played around with
their kids and then the weekend
was over and we all
went our separate ways.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment