Saturday, August 13, 2011

08/13: My First Wheels

Today is my brother's
28th birthday.
So, appropriately,
today will be a memory with him.
But first, my brother.
The young pain in my ass
that was always there to
play games with when I've
exhausted all other options.
The adolescent that grew up
quickly learning life and death
through the passing of a friend.
The boy that joined the marines,
fresh out of high school,
who saw the world and
the capacity of the evils of man.
The man that returned from wars
who has met his stride in life,
graduating this winter,
so much learned in your 28 years.
Your humble, level head has
done you well.
May you have a good birthday,
with many more to follow.
I love you, Jon!!


My First Wheels

At our Rochester house,
my parents had the kind of
stove that had the pull out
drawer underneath that you
can store pots and pans in.
My brother and I would pull
the drawer out
as far as we could
and then empty it out.
We would grab our cat,
Ozzy Osbourne,
and two pizza pans
(to use as steering wheels),
and sit in the drawer
and pretend to drive around.
I'm not sure what
the make or model was,
or if it was a car or truck.

I need a scanner so I can
include some visuals :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment