Wednesday, August 10, 2011

08/07: Flowers for Mom


I love my mom.
I loved her when I was a child.
So much so that me and my
childhood friend Nick Winkler
gathered flowers for our mothers
as a sign of our 4 year old appreciation.
We went to the cemetary next to their house
and gathered as many flowers
as our little fists could carry.
We proudly presented them to our mothers,
who's reaction I cannot quite recall,
but I'm sure there was some shock,
amusement and flattery
in our doting gesture.

Our mothers marched us back to the graveyard
and had us replace the flowers the best we could remember.
I don't think they were all that entirely hard on us about it.

The picture is of me and Nick
in our first love scene.


Oh, and blogging every day is hard.
So I'm doing some make-up work right now.
This is not really going as well as I planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment