Tuesday, August 23, 2011

08/23: Road Rash

My family drove from Minnesota
to Utah to visit my dad's parents
when I was like 6 or so.
We loaded up into the suburban,
my brother and I taking turns to play
in the way back, roomier area of the truck.
I'm not entirely sure how we didn't end up
killing each other in that tight of a space
during the hours and hours of driving.
(We didn't exactly get along as kids)
My dad was driving one night
and ended up falling asleep behind the wheel.
He jerked back awake as the Suburban was going into the ditch,
then kind of sharply corrected his path
which sent my mom sliding down into the foot well on her side,
my brother tumbled off the long bench seat in the middle of the truck,
while I ended up sliding around in the way back of the truck.
Being that I was sleeping on the nylon truck carpet stuff,
I ended up getting some gnarly rug burn/road rash
all up the side of my face.
Yet another family vacation full of embarrassment
due to my facial imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment