Sunday, August 28, 2011

08/28: My First Job

This one is inspired out of working a double today.
My job sucks and I hate everyone.
Weeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first job was at TJ Maxx.
I worked in the children's department
and also had to do some cashiering and stuff.
When I was going through my register training,
I was put on the register closest to the service desk
so they could run over and bail me out when I needed help.
At TJ Maxx, you have to buy your jewelry at the jewelry counter,
and you have to go to the service desk for returns/exchanges.
A lady was buying a hand towel
and some random cheap ass necklace.
She came to my line and I rang up her towel with no problem,
then for some reason her necklace wouldn't scan.
I called the cashier supervisor over to help me,
who explained to the lady that she had to go to the jewelry counter.
The lady freaked out and yelled at me and then left without either item.
First day awesomeness.

I feel like there is generally an indicator within the first week or two
that your job is going to suck ass for the duration of your employment.
That was my indicator that TJ Maxx would be shitty.
My indicator that working for South Metro Human Services
was when someone put a rock through my windshield after my first week.
That pretty much sums up every experience I've had working here.
Everything is just a rock through my proverbial windshield of life.
Fuck I need I new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment