Thursday, August 18, 2011

08/17: No Glass on the Stove.

No Glass on the Stove.

Once, after school, I decided to make chocolate pudding.
I grabbed a large enough bowl for all the ingredients
and I measured and mixed everything as I needed.
I had to go to the bathroom,
so I asked my little brother to watch over the pudding
while I took care of my business.
Just as I finished washing my hands,
I heard a loud glass explosion.
I yelled "Jon! What did you do??!!"
And he was just standing there in shock.
I saw the mess of pudding and glass everywhere
and then I saw that we only had about 30 minutes
before our parents got home from work.
Normally feuding siblings became a unified front
of massive cleaning overhaul.
We had everything damn near perfect,
maybe a little glassy lick of chocolate here and there,
but it looked as if nothing had happened.
But, of course, my mom immediately noticed the smell
of chocolate pudding in the air...
and the post-apocalyptic dessert scene in the trash.


That was the day my brother and I learned that
glass bowls cannot be used for cooking on the stove.




No comments:

Post a Comment