Friday, September 9, 2011

09/09: Knit it and Quit it





This is my friend and co-worker Ayo.
I taught her how to knit
and this is the second hat she made,
she finished it while
we worked together on Friday.
Good job, Ayo!!









Ayo is from Nigeria,
there are 3 prominent tribes in her town.
She belongs to the Yoruba people.
She taught me some phrases,
so I will pass them onto you.

"How are you?"
-Bawo ni ?
(pronounced 'bow-whoa-knee')




"Fine" (I am fine.)
-Daa Daa
(pronounced 'dah-dah')

"My Friend"
-Ore Mi
(pronounced 'oh-ray-me')

"Good Morning"
-E Kaaro
(pronounced 'eh-car-row')

"Good Bye"
-O dabo
(pronounced 'oh-dah-row')


"I love you"
-Mo nife re -or- mo feran re
(pronounced 'mo knee fey' -or- 'mo-fair-an-re')

"Join me"
-Wa jeun
(pronounced 'wah-jen')


"Good Afternoon"
-E kaa san


"Good Evening"
-E kaa le


"Good Night"
-O daaro

"Where are you?"
-Ibo lo wa?

"Where are you going?"
-Ibo lo n lo?


"My dear friend"
-Ore mi tooto

"I love you so much"
-Mo nife re pupo


No comments:

Post a Comment